Parent Advisory Council
HOT LUNCH and Food Days at Gilmore!
To order see the links below.
All funds raised by hot lunch and food days go back to the students by helping pay for extracurricular activities, additional classroom supplies, equipment for school programs, etc.
NEW parents need to register here:
RETURNING parents can go directly to the login page:
Welcome to the Parent Advisory Council For Our School
We are a group of parents who support our children's educational experience at Gilmore by volunteering to support the school in a variety of ways. You are welcome to join us at our monthly PAC meetings, along with the school Principal, Mr.Shuto. Hear the latest on what's happening at Gilmore, discuss ideas and ask questions. Through meetings, newsletters, meeting minutes and our Facebook group, there is an active effort to keep all parents informed and involved in school activities.
Contact us if you would like to volunteer for the PAC or help out with a food day or become involved in another way. Together, we are the Gilmore community!
What we do:
- Assist with organizing and contributing money towards school related activities. For example: Ultimate frisbee weeklong workshops, babysitting and first-aid courses for Grades 6&7, Body Science workshops, Grade 6 Camp...
- Promote communication, co-operation and a forum for dialogue between home and school.
- Fundraise throughout the year to put towards the school's wish list; Things like music stands and gym mats and to subsidize field trips to make them more affordable or even free for families.
- Coordinate the Hot Lunch days
- Offer staff-appreciation lunches and staff treats throughout the year
As a parent/guardian of a Gilmore student you automatically belong to and are a voting member of the James Gilmore Parent Advisory Council (PAC). Parent representatives also form the working committee (PAC Executive).
Parents also have representation in the Richmond District Parents' Association (RDPA) providing a link with other schools in Richmond and B.C.
Gilmore PAC Executive for 2023/24
Co-Presidents - Laurel & Amber
Vice President- Chaslynn
Treasurer - Joanny
Secretary & Email/Website - Leanne firstname.lastname@example.org
PAC Committees & Coordinators
Food Days - Siramon email@example.com
Fundraising Coordinators - Chaslynn & Amber
RDPA (Richmond District Parents Association) Representative- Eva
Picnic Days (September & May) - Amber & Chaslynn
Facebook - Amanda
Movie Night Coordinators - Amber & Chaslynn
Grade 7 Grad Committee Coordinators for 2023/24- Laurel, Eva & Chaslynn
Staff Appreciation Days - Amber
Sports Day Concession - Laurel
PAC Bylaws Committee - Chaslynn & Amber
Meeting Dates for 2023/2024
Details to be released on our Facebook group (please join James Gilmore Elementary) or within emails from the school.
Contact Us/Follow Us
Facebook: James Gilmore Elementary